Friday 22 April 2011

Companionship ...

Song - Francisco - Should We Go Our Own Way

Hmm well I thought about it and decided perhaps I should write about the companionship angle, I keep getting asked at present about potential partners, always a subject I just really cannot be bothered delving into as most people think I'm slightly strange for not be attracted to anyone. For anyone who's an environmentalist this should be excellent news, I'm not procreating and thus helping save the planet, lol.

In reality a life partner would be cool, someone to share your life with and hopefully grow old with, someone with who you can learn from and vice versa, having the chance to be giving and if kids are part of that future, to help the generation of tomorrow by equipping them with the tools needed (mainly giving them some common sense!) And diversifying the planet.

However how to find this partner, and what qualities should you expect, where does one draw the line on compromise, should they have the same religious/ethical/etc views as yourself or should you be complete opposites ...

What's funny is the way people expect you to just meet someone and just get hitched to them. Me personally I laugh because I don't go to work or any event in order to meet a potential partner. And most folk that know me will know that I'm actually pretty shy and find the only way I start talking to folk is to give them a mental relationship in my head, like uncle, brother, sister, etc. Or I'm just polite I have no time to waste hating people, such a massive energy drain ... anywho having to place people in these groups, you might just see how I don't find folk attractive in my eyes, as who actually thinks their close relative is hot, urgh!

Someone once told me that you never truly know someone until you live with them and tbh I'd agree totally, seen far too many people show different masks depending on where/whom they're with. And at home is the only place that you can be yourself. Some also say that the older you are the less able you are to compromise with a potential partner, but of you have no idea would you expect them to cater to your ever whim or would give everything in order to make something work.

So problems seem to arise on all sides, of would it just be m excuse made so that I won't get involved for whichever reason my mind is not telling me off ...

Well I'll sit back and ponder on it's whilst all the funny stories of potentials goes through my mind, consisting of various folk like the lady who never heard of pasta, the guy who is more shy than I, the mother bride shopping (only to be rejected by the only bride she approved of), the cricket player, gas man, always a student never a bread winner, trophy wife hunter, and the list continues (any story you can make in your head has probably been some potential grooms and their families I'm sure!) ...

Take care for now ppl I need something cool for all this weather ... o/

No comments:

Post a Comment