Sunday 24 April 2011

Vanity ...

Song – Chipmunk – Champion

Met someone today where I knew I was judged by my appearance, I’m not sure whether this is the way that society should be run. Okay so I wouldn’t see myself of any use should we run out of energy and technology completely dies due to no electricity, however shouldn’t we be seen as ourselves and what happened to 70 excuses.

If I don’t like you I will avoid you, but that’s because I know that you do have the 70 excuses and who am I to argue with a person who could be better then I in reality.

But anywho what to do with people like this I ponder, the only sad thing is, these people seem to be those that are placed into power. Which raises another question why do some people, well most of them, allow people to place them at a lower level and then do the same to folk that respect them ...

Although I do ponder at appearances and what people do about them, I’m pretty much just me, no make-up, no designer clothes, just me and my jeans and hoodies (when given half the chance!). I used to think this was a bizarre and shallow thing, however the whole appearance thing can be a number of things, be it a mask or just to fit in. Why does society judge us and our talents on this, first impressions can mean everything to some people and nothing to others ...

Oh well I’m being distracted I need to go eat, toodles o/

No comments:

Post a Comment