Friday 20 May 2011

Song - Blue - I Can

Well I've been in a thinking mode, well on and off at random intervals, thinking about ultimatums and whether it's acceptable for folk to give them to others or not.

For me I find the whole thing a tad weird, ultimatums are a basis of trust and forcing people to choose. And my two keys things are trust and honesty, if I find I don't trust you or deem you to be honest to me, I will not be friends with you, I may make politie conversation but not as a friend but an acquaintance. Everything else is secondly, be this belief, looks, etc. Although maybe it's my perception of the matter, how do I know what total trust and honesty are, I myself know I'm not completely honest, I'll tailor the truth accordingly to the audience, is that truth or is it a truth with omissions which can be interpreted in more then one way, and thus become a lie? So do people look for those who are simliar to them or similar to the ideal they look for?

Back to topic though if you decide to give people this wonderful option (the ultimatum), what does that say about you inside, are you just doing it to confirm your own opinion on the matter or are you just stating this so that you are, in essence, watching the person, waiting for them to disappoint you further along the line. I asked various folk and most wouldn't give an ultimatum. However as my wonderful sister said to me the other day, I'm very selective in who I ask questions, be it they share my opinions or not, the people I ask tend to be thinkers also and so I would receive responses that come from people having already spent time thinking about it, or they will. Rather then the masses who tend to make decisions regardless of what information is available on the matter.

The seeds of doubt are sown and there's no way to remove the damage that may occur. But what are the other options, I for one tend to be one of those people who would walk away from the situation, be this work, social, personal, etc. Which scar is greater, that for which you make a mistake or that for which you never explored and thus never knew what teh answer would have been. Does this cause us to start looking at the what if's and thus a vicious cycle, believeing in your mind that if something had happened it would have been better somehow.

The past should teach us our mistakes and the present help make us wiser for the future. But an ideal world is not what we live in and humankind, although amazing can be disappointing ceatures ...

Meh I need some sugar double decker or a boost bar? Toodles folks o/

No comments:

Post a Comment