Thursday 26 May 2011

Song - Fearless ft Sonna Rele - Everywhere and Nowhere

Okay what to talk about today, I was reading the news, as you do, and in the education section I saw a part that said a study was done saying that lost cost ways to improve childrens' learning was by giving them constructive praise and having the kids teach one another, I'm a fan of both of them, but I just pondered, what in the world has happened to society today that people don't even think about these things, and it went on to suggest stuff like smaller class sizes are more expensive ... I was thinking duh ...

I just ponder at the common sense, or lack therof, that people appear to have. Seeing as we only apparently recall 20% of the information we read about and a bit more if we write/copy information as our brain is having to process a bit more with the whole exercise of copying. However this is significantly improved by teaching another and this having kids mentor one another, seeing that the class is all working together to get to the same goal, helps the kids with their own interpersonal skills as well as helping the teacher. I remember I used to help a friend with maths, whilst she attempted to help me with English (attempt being the key word) however i have no doubt that by me teaching her what the class was doing helped me enormously, especially nowadays where people have forgotten stuff like timetables and other basic stuff. I feel blessed but sad that as a society we don't keep these things in our minds they don't just help us with our everyday lives with stuff like shopping, they help shape the way our minds work and recalling the basics is what allows us to hone our skills in whatever path you wish to take, but that's just my stubborn opinion on the matter.

And the fact it takes a study to tell folk this is even more depressing ...

And now I depart wondering what I'm going to eat for my dinner ...

Toodles fair folk and be merry :D

No comments:

Post a Comment