Tuesday 30 July 2013

Updates

Jay Sean - Worth it All

okay no idea what I have or haven't stated on this place. Well at present I'm fasting so pretty much engrossed in this, ie behaving like a zombie as I need more sleep ^_^

Job - meh - sorting it out,

Argh that reminds me, gotta give to charity ...

Done ... although checking my bank account I'm thankful for all that I have that I'm able to provide a few folk perhaps some solace, maybe it's time to sponsor an orphan ...

Amusing moments, I think this has been more reflected on my fb updates, seeing as my mum is hilarious, she was trying to teach me and the eldest a 101 class on how to get a guy (some aunty wondered why we weren't married - she wasn't being mean she genuinely wondered as she seems to think we'd be suitable daughter-in-laws) I raised my brows and continued varnishing the door (yes I'm still at it, I get tired so I just finished a couple of coats for one frame at a time, this means that I've finished the first coat on nearly all the doors and the frames need a second coloured coat. And then clear satin finish on everything bar 1 doorframe and 3.5 doors ... not that anyone cares. Anywho I doubt I'll be able to implement any of the tips provided as I'm far to used to being me, I don't mind mutual compromise, but behaving in a manner that is unknown and just not me is not something I relish ... so I won't, if I stay single and a virgin till I die will I care, at present my answer is no.

Anyway funny moments, at an iftari I went to the although day, an uncle advised there was a prayer room set up for the ladies and advised of the qiblah. Upon getting to the room, the mats that were being laid out were in the wrong direction! I queried it, man do folk get defensive, no idea why, not my fault you just went and laid the mats out without a clue, so I asked them how they determined the qiblah, they stated one of them had a compass on their phone (not that I usually trust these, mine is usually wrong and I've downloaded loads of them) anyway I thought okay, then they offered to show me (I was just going to trust them at this stage - folks word should be good enough) turns out not one of them did not have a phone ... awkward ... then another girl went "well it's all about intention" (that's all well and good if you're stuck in an airplane, not in a fixed place where folk are praying nearby) I suggested what I thought it was, apparently no one likes it if the position does not align with a wall, I already justified my direction with what we were told in the hall and the building was rectangular so the direction should be the same ... the awkward pause girl redeemed the awkwardness by going to go check on her brother who was praying as well, whereas another suggested she lived nearby so it must be in the opposite direction, and chaos was about to descend. But it turned out when the girl returned I was right! Such a lol moment and even if I make it sound weird I was diplomatic throughout, huzzah!!

And now I'm going to go power nap during the rest of my lunch, I'm so tired!!

Take care folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment