Monday 16 April 2012

Chrissy DePauw - Set It On Fire

Well I had to get out of my recluse ways last weekend and went to a friends wedding reception, congratulations again to Shyam and Soniya, a beautiful pair they are and may they have many happy years together and all joy and blessings to them!

The only food that was served that I had eaten before was the rice, so had a little of everything, it was great (yes I know food is my first love but meh to anyone who has a problem with it!) However I'm now probably going to visit chennai dosa at some point in the future ...

Anyhow it was a lovely afternoon with a presentation of various things, performed by both the younger and elder generations, I did feel a tad confused at first, shows my total ignorance of the hindu faith which I should look into ^_^. I called one lady aunty, apparently I must look older then folk say I do considering she was "I'm not an aunty yet!" I nearly ruined by saying "sorry aunty" ^_^ luckily I saved myself and got taught to just hmm and nod, it was lols.

Experienced the world of not knowing the main dialect of the room (Tamil in this case - I think) and am now thoroughly confused why people just get scared of a language being spoke that they don't understand, I felt fine even knowing I didn't know a word, maybe it's just because I was surrounded by lovely folk.

Had a laugh with my sister, who like the rest of family and protective of me, I'm apparently a dupe and think everyone is lovely unless they prove me wrong and considering I'm a dunce at deciphering people and their intentions it generally means I pretty much think everyone's cool in their own way. Although I still have my sarcasm which can make folk think I'm a tad smarter then I am possibly! So saw a few old uni friends, totally forget about getting my eyes lasered after uni so forgot they probably remember me as a spec wearing person, added by the fact that I'm not a fan of having my photos taken, so facebook updates wouldn't include photos!

And now I depart and go back to my normal life, until tomorrow as I'm apparently going to London with the sister

Toodles folk and look after one another o/

No comments:

Post a Comment